Subject: [Leica] Sean Reid looks at fast lenses on the R-D1
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu May 12 05:23:10 2005

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/fastlensreview.shtml

>Thanks for the input. The article requires energy but worth it. I am
>impressed by his keen observation and straightforward writing. (...)
>Surely, this is for lens aficionados.
>Best,
>MIKIRO
>Japan

Mikiro, Adam

I agree the article is very interesting, thanks for the link. Nothing
really new in the f1 to f1.5 sector, but it confirms once more the superior
sharpness of the 'Lux ASPH lenses wide open and in the corners; with the 50
Nokton as runner-up and the old fast Canons as the masters of softness and
vignetting.

I'm very disappointed about the 35 Biogon at f2:  rather unsharp in the
middle - even the 43 year old Canon 35/2 performs a little better in the
middle, and the 1.7 Ultron beats it hands down. In the corners, the
Biogon's sharpness compares much better, but it's quite dark - vignetting
that much? It seems to me that the Cosina Voigtlander are better than the
Cosina Zeiss.

In a way most of us are lens aficionados - it's the lens that has more
influence on a picture's look, not the camera.

Didier

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Sean Reid looks at fast lenses on the R-D1)
Message from miki at arbos.net (MIKIRO) ([Leica] Sean Reid looks at fast lenses on the R-D1)