Subject: Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat May 14 07:47:12 2005

And the counter point is that if you do not release, that business goes
away, forever.   You die with your reputation for not buggy SW intact, but
you are still dead.  Dead is dead.

Responsibility is the key issue.  Make dates for SW releases and updates and
keep to them.  If the SW has major bugs that are really deadly, offer the SW
without the features that are buggy,  You want to stay alive long enough to
make the next release of improved SW..

I purchase tax software every year ( for the past 15 or so...).  It ALWAYS
has bugs.  They tell me it has bugs,  It has bugs.  Some are deadly ( the
tax rate schedule was wrong once.... THAT is buggy!) They promise to update
that SW on a fixed date schedule,  I believe them.  They perform to their
commitment.  That is the essence of good dealings.... Make your commitments
happen.

Then again, there is Microsoft bashing we could start now......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

You are correct, all software has bugs, but there are bugs and there are
bugs. If a company continuously releases software with major bugs their
market presence will soon begin to evaporate.

Steve

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) (Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] back after missing my LUG fix)