Subject: Firmware was Re: [Leica] Still no DMR
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun May 15 18:58:42 2005

You must remember to set the F -Stop manually for each shot... assuming you
focus wide open each time.  Think to 1960's and manually preset lenses....
remember Mark?.. or am I showing my age?

I think this is why several of our members use the lens wide open... no
preset to worry about, focus and shoot at wide open......plus the pictorial
benefits of shallow DOF and faster shutter speeds.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

So what's the deal you can just use Leica R glass on a Canon in stop down
metering?

Like there's a stop down button you press and then take the reading and set
the camera?