Subject: [Leica] #151 & #152
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat May 21 10:06:33 2005

Graham offered:

> In the background is Fawsley Hall where Joseph Banks used to work. > In
> the foreground his headstone maintains a link to his past.
> The inscription on his headstone reads:<<<<<< etc:

Hi Graham,
Many years ago I began a series on headstones with interesting inscriptions,
however after being told too "bugger off" out of the grave yards so often I
gave it up for more enlightening "live subjects!" ;-)

However one inscription in Ottawa stuck with me... "All things considered
I'd much rather be in Merrickville!" :-) I thought that a reasonable
inscription considering the details were on a headstone of 100 years ago.:-)

Not very old by the age of UK stones, but not bad for one here in Canada.

Actually considering I'm now well into the age of a "senior citizen" this
might be a new shoot adventure for me! ;-)  As I could always use the excuse
"I'm just checking out the place for my spot when the time comes!" ;-)

Now what young whipper snapper could throw me out in that case. ;-)

ted