Subject: [Leica] Good news -- just hired by Yale
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Tue May 24 11:34:31 2005

Karen - Congrats - Great

I have been publishing an anthropology project on nomads since early
1990ties - so far teen titles - interesting research
Non as far as Japan - mostly north Africa, Middle East and as far as Tibet
and Mongolia
Right now I am doing the fourt volume on Afghanistan
Its lovely that you have been offered a seat as assistant professor
Many ethnographers and anthropologists I have woorked with have been doing
some very fine field work but their photographic skills have left much to be
wished - on the volume I am doing now the anthropologist was a very good
photographer - he sadly passed away early january 05 - and it is very
inspiring to do the lay out on a material were both the manuscript and the
pictures are super!
Yale University Press must be very exited to publish your work from Japan

again - many congratulations

Ruben

ps. you are welcome to visit my english homepage www.rhodos.com and look
under anthropology my titles in danish is at www.rhodos.dk