Subject: [Leica] Re: Rommel and Germany and Speer
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri May 27 16:46:55 2005

On 5/27/05 1:32 PM, "Douglas Sharp" <douglas.sharp@gmx.de> typed:

> Should read : "and also had the opportunity", there are tours of the
> bunkers
> and
>   underworld a few times a week in Berlin.
>
> The best selling publications of a small publishing house, in what used to
> be
> East Berlin, are maps of various German cities showing the surviving
> "Sights
> and
> Sites" of Nazi Germany. I personally find this pretty sick.
> Douglas

Sick maybe but if I were made Mayor of Berlin tomorrow my first act would be
to make sure the buckers (would love to see those bunkers!) and such stuff
made available to the public.
With those velvet ropes with the clips on the brass poles and everything.
And little square Imax movie showing off to the side.
On an off day they could show the "Louisiana Purchase".
How much to see the bunker?

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon