Subject: [Leica] 35 f1.4 pre-ASPH
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon May 30 17:40:17 2005

I sent a rather lengthy comparison on this lens some time ago.  I think BD
is right... it is tiny.  It is the the BEST reason for purchasing this 35 /
F1.4 lens.  I gave a lot of choices for the other lenses available.... the
35 Summicron, ASPH Summicron and ASPH Summiilux.  But if you want the F1.4
and you want tiny, there is only 1 choice.

I own one, and I ain't looking back.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

In its day, the Pre-ASPH lux had two things going for it - it was a 1.4 35
in the day when such a lens was a real rarity - and it was tiny.