Subject: [Leica] Elmar 2.8 50mm: Current or Previous Version?
From: asgm3 at yahoo.com (G Medina)
Date: Tue May 31 20:18:28 2005

According to Erwin Putts, the current model is a stop or
two ahead of its predecessor. Just this fact alone should
be enough for one to decide on the current model, and
leave the previous model at the camera store. But, it
seems there is something aesthetically nicer about the
previous version. It just "feels" more sure in the hand
than the current model, to me. Wide open the current
model is better no doubt, but how do you feels about
these two lenses in terms of quality, handling, feel, and
subjective performance. If I recall correctly, they are
identical in terms of size and weight?

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Elmar 2.8 50mm: Current or Previous Version?)