Subject: [Leica] Photoessay: Japan disability protest 2005.05.12
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Thu Jun 2 22:43:25 2005

At 08:08 PM 6/2/2005, Karen Nakamura wrote:

>At 6:09 PM -0700 05.6.2, Richard wrote:
>>Strong images and commentaries. Thank you for sharing.
>>
>>Speaking of the rarely mentioned subjects, has anyone done any
>>photojournalistic work on either the Emishi, or the Untouchables in
>>Japan? Could make a very strong piece of work...
>
>Thanks for the kind words!
>
><professor mode on>
>Hmmm... I think you're confusing several groups:

Thanks. I actually do know the Emishi are different from the Untouchables.
I didn't know there are two untouchable classes though. The confusion came
in my English structure. Should the comma be there or not?

Emishi, or (also) the Untouchables
or
Emishi or (also) the Untouchables
?

Now you did explain further on the Eta. If I understand correctly, there
were/are the people that only do the "unclean" jobs (grave digging etc.),
similar to the lowest caste of the Indian system, is it not?

Thanks!!