Subject: [Leica] Richard's PAW Week 22
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jun 4 08:10:33 2005

Douglas Sharp showed some electronic darkroom magic! ;-)"
Subject: Re: [Leica] Richard's PAW Week 22

> Richard,
>  I was about to write something along these lines too,
> then I took 5 minutes to work on your picture, I hope you don't mind.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/22_Dougs_crop0028
>
> Cropped, background brushed over with the "blur" tool (normal 100%),
> sharpened a little and the levels shifted.<<<

Hi Doug,
Now that's a major positive electronic difference. :-) Well done!

If I were in the wet darkroom I'd have known how to do similar things along
those lines, but when you see it produced through Photoshop it blows me
away.

Once again it illustrates how inadequate my "lightroom computer Photoshop
skills are and badly in need of expert tutoring!"

I think there's a bonus in this illustration for many on the list of what
can be done very effectively via Photoshop skills to improve and strengthen
the value of a photo moment. It sure does for me.

In the darkroom it's a piece of cake! On the screen I would like to  know
how to do this kind of manipulation with the skills I have in the darkroom.
Actually I bet the corrections illustrated are better than what one could do
in the darkroom without a considerable amount of time making more than a few
prints before even getting it close.

I trust others see the value in this re-make.

ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Richard's PAW Week 22)
Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Richard's PAW Week 22)