Subject: [Leica] Traveling with Leicas
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jun 9 07:41:35 2005

Tina Manley offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Traveling with Leicas

>I've always been a "belt and suspenders" type person and carry way too much
>just in case something fails.  Of course, when I carry everything extra,
>nothing fails.  It's when I don't carry the back-ups that something drastic
>happens!<<<<<<<<<

Hi Tina,
Well that's how I've worked for years, always a ton more gear than I need,
but always on a "just in case need!" You don't get paid to come home with
any weak butt excuse why you don't have any pictures unless yer dead.

Even then I know picture editors who've asked... "Did any one check his
cameras for film before he was hit?" Hey its just the practical way of a
photojournalist who bites the dust.

So I leave on this shoot with some equipment trepidation because I'm taking
only 1 20D and that alone is enough to give me the willies of... "OK what
will you do if for some reason it craps out?"

Quick answer... Find a camera store who sells them and buy another.

Or I do have a few days before I leave so I could eliminate the willies of
crap out by popping down to the local shop, buy another body! :-) Heck that
would be the easiest! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from chandos at cox.net (Chandos Michael Brown) ([Leica] Magnolia)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Traveling with Leicas)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Traveling with Leicas)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Traveling with Leicas)