Subject: [Leica] Leica] The Future of Film (B&H)
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jun 20 16:48:16 2005

I don't believe that the basket system has anything to do with
shoplifting.  I believe it has everything to do with beyond belief
volume of goods sold over the counter.  The store would have to be
much larger to hold the merchandise on the shelves and the restocking
effort would be extremely expensive.

You have to remember that B&H is using some of the most expensive real
estate in the U.S.  By selling essentially out of a real warehouse you
can continuously stock, monitor inverntory, and deliver merchanidise.
Also, by seperating the paying for merchandise from picking up and
examining you speed the line as well as keep people entertained while
waiting.

Last point, the people who take your money are very good at what they
do.  I believe that B&H's losses due to fraudulant payment are very
small.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com