Subject: [Leica] was: 20d/d70/rd1 now: black or chrome
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Thu Jun 23 06:46:07 2005

Black anodizing goes on alloy base metal; chrome goes on brass base metal
that is heavier and more expensive, since alloy is cast and brass must be
drawn. Perhaps the reason Leica has discontinued the chrome lenses.

My most used lenses are the DR/Rigid 50/2 Summicron and the 35/2,8 Summaron.
Both are chrome of course, one goes on a black anodized M6 (for b+w), the
other on a silver M4 (for Kodachrome).

Seth