Subject: [Leica] Northern England - more Cloudscapes
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Jun 23 13:52:12 2005

GeeBee wrote:
> From: "Douglas Sharp" <douglas.sharp@gmx.de>
> Subject: [Leica] Northern England - more Cloudscapes
>

>>From the Humber to the Tyne and beyond, more cloudy, moody,stormy and
>>some wide-angly skies.

> --------
>
> Hi Douglas,
>
> Rendezvous Cafe is a cracker!!
>
> --Graham

Thanks Graham,
it's one of my all time favourites too, and one of the oldest.
Brings back many happy memories of what we today call Capuccino, then we
just called it "Froffy-Coffy".
The place is still run by a family of Italian descent, I was greatly
enamoured of  their daughter, Titiana. But, in the end all it did was
increase their takings. A true Italian Cafe as they used to be. I'll try
and find some photos of the inside, I must have them somewhere.
The Cafe used to be frequented by such illustrious guest as Gordon
Sumner (Sting) and the Knopfler brothers. Just a couple of hundred yards
away is "Spanish City" which was mentioned in a "Dire Straits" song, I
forget which one, a sort of run-down amusement arcade and fun-fair.
Sting's brother still runs a bar on the seafront not far away.
cheers
Douglas

Message from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] Northern England - more Cloudscapes)