Subject: [Leica] 20 bucks for an MP?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Jul 7 01:46:56 2005

E?ay has a growing problem with cheaters and sellers of fake or stolen
products.

I'm actually selling a used IWC Portugieser on the german e?ay site, and I
found hundreds of very suspicious watch auctions ("Buy Rolex for EUR 199.-
without bidding - just contact seller"). I reported these auctions to e?ay,
which removed them in a remarkably short time (1-2h). But a few hours
later, the same auctions appeared under a new member name (with 0
feedbacks), I reported it again, and so on. Now after 10 removal rounds it
looks like the seller temporarily gave up.

Didier