Subject: [Leica] Bill Pierce on the Leica today
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Jul 12 21:07:44 2005

On 13 de jul de 2005, at 1:23, Didier Ludwig wrote:

>> I think that the quietness of the M shutter is much more a myth than
>> a reality unless it's compared with an old pro reflex workhorse.
>
> Not shure, Luis. Even the newest Bessa R3a rangefinder camera is a
> little bit louder than a M6. I was shooting at a wedding last year and
> the official pro photog had a Nikon F5 film SLR - [...] many people
> winced at every klaklack.

yup, many cameras are louder, but... my minox and digital oly are
quieter. Many leaf shutter cameras are quieter, and you can count in
the same range of loudness than the leica many 40-50's cameras as the
voigtl?nder prominent. Was the arrival of SLR with mirror clack and
metal courtain shutters what made the quietness a sales argument.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Message from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] Bill Pierce on the Leica today)
Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Bill Pierce on the Leica today)