Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak 2nd quarter woes and what should film
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Thu Jul 21 19:26:55 2005

On 21 de jul de 2005, at 17:33, feli wrote:

> GIve me Tri-X, or give me death.

>Luis wrote:
>There is life after Tri-X and Kodachrome.
>Even sticking with film.

There's life after every disaster, it's the quality of life that
declines!  Two of the finest emulsions ever produced!!
I read the WSJ article and found myself wondering how
all those gorgeous crisp, red, black and yellow National
G pics throughout the years would have looked with...let's
say...less contrast and a blueish tint?  ;-)

IMHO, Tri-X is in a class by itself and worthy of a
separate post. My photo career spanned from 68-92 and
I "never left home without it".  The high speed, tight QC
aspect, and looong curve was enough opium for me. I
always found the grain very controllable with correct
exposure, stringent processing techniques and good
darkroom habits. Of course, the "other" companies
produce good fast B&W films, but you know how it is...
once you find a comfortable saddle... ;-)

Montie