Subject: [Leica] OT-travel question NE US
From: bonvini at optonline.net (Jay)
Date: Sun Jul 24 07:25:35 2005

Mike

I make the run from Ct to Maine about 6 times a year.
My place is outside of Ellsworth Maine, about 20 miles off I-95.
The route I take from Ct is I-84 to the Mass Turnpike to I-290 to I-495
which takes me around Boston to I-95 just north of Boston south of the New
Hampshire line. The Mass Turnpike to I-290 to Worchester is a shortcut the
saves you approximately 30 miles and hooks you up to I-495 which bypasses
all of the Boston craziness.
This takes me 6.5 hours, not pushing.
I-95 through Maine is a bit daunting as there is basically not much on that
road until Augusta.
You should be clear of traffic if you hit Boston area previous to the 4:00
start of the rush hour home. It can be a tad bit "knarly" around Hartford
and the stretch from Hartford to Danbury on I-84 (same time frame as the
Boston area) sometimes has problems. (Construction - never ending).

The joke we used to relate when someone asked when was the traffic good to
go somewhere - around 1955.

Jay Ignaszewski
bonvini@optonline.net