Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Tue Jul 26 16:17:10 2005

Unfortunately, this is a big part of what helps maintain Windows hegemony in
the operating system world.  It's a shame, because in the long run, you end
up wasting less time (and therefore money) on solving computer problems and
more time getting things done.  Tina has probably already spent more than
the cost of a switch in lost productivity, frustration, service costs, etc.
My own frustration with Windows is increasing, as I have come to rely more
and more on Spotlight in OSX.  My whole notion of organizing is changing as
a result of this single feature!  Windows is looking more and more dowdy all
the time and Vista will not ship for at least 18 months.  In the meantime,
OSX is racing ahead.

The other day, a friend of mine from Germany told me: "We have a saying in
Germany...we are too poor to buy cheap things"  I always try to avoid false
economy.

--Jim Laurel