Subject: [Leica] Re: Richard's fourth RD-1 (WAS: We had company)
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Jul 26 22:37:37 2005

Sorry, but I find it amazing that anyone would accept having to send in
a camera for repair/replacement 3 times and then accept that he has to
adjust the rangefinder on the 4th body--and all that while taking on
average 1500 or so images with each camera? If your experience is
typical, then I can only conclude that the RD1 is a $3K piece of junk.
If it is not, then you are certainly the most tolerant customer I have
ever heard about in any business. If I had this type of trouble, I would
track down the Cosina distributor and organize a public destruction of
the camera in front of their building, a la Ted Grant with one of his
Leicas that also had QC problems.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman