Subject: [Leica] Re: Richard's fourth RD-1 (WAS: We had company)
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 27 19:30:24 2005

In a message dated 7/27/2005 1:08:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
richard-lists@imagecraft.com writes:
The Canon 30D was...
$3000 too, being the first "affordable" high megapixel DSLR, so Epson in
that sense isn't too far out of line.

Yes, but the 30D worked and did not have to be returned 4 times by the
majority of users.  Also if Leica had come out with a 1.5x factor and the
reliability of its digital M were this poor the customers would be outside
their doors
with torches and rope to hang someone.  I think from what i have read about
the
RD-1, maybe Leica was right, has really waited until the right time to get
out their digital M.  Time will tell.  If I figure out how to get the money,
or
win the Lotto, I will run down to the local Leica Dealer and order a DMR
right
away.

Gene

Gene