Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG, Computer Help!!!
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed Jul 27 20:41:42 2005

Tina,

My Pentium II Dell was purchased in 1998 and just gave up the ghost this
year.  About two years after I bought it, I started having problems with
drives "disappearing" .  I called Dell and their rep came to my home and
replaced the CD Rom drive and thought the problem was solved.  When the
problem recurred, someone at Dell suggested replacing the motherboard.  That
was done by the rep at his next visit, and I got five more years of faithful
service until the power supply voltage began to sag a few months ago.  I
salvaged most of my files and bought another Dell, which is going great.

Ask Dell if the motherboard could be causing your problem.  It sure sounds
like some common failure mode, rather than a bunch of bad hard drives.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN

Replies: Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] RE: LUG, Computer Help!!!)