Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos--American radical muslims
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Wed Aug 3 08:09:55 2005

I think you have to do some leg work there. The literature, and
scholarship of the era is replete with such concerns. It culminates
in the immigration 'reforms' of 1921 and 1924. The immigrants, from
Anarchists to Catholics, were perceived as doing just that. The
reaction was essentially the same as today, with increased tightening
of laws, and in some cases the use of the truncheon.
On the other hand, a mitigating effect was that it led the protestant
denominations to address social concerns. Much to the dismay of
nativist traditionalists,  the infra-structural remnants of those
liberal concerns are still influential to this day.
It wasn't until 1952 that Californians of Asian descent were fully
enfranchised, with yet another immigration reform.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8, AGCC
http://sdimitrovphoto.com