Subject: [Leica] Question for photojournalists concerning digital photos
From: schroter at optonline.net (schroter@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Aug 3 14:32:27 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Gerry Walden <gwlists@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 3, 2005 1:54 pm
Re:
 So there person who
> said
> that the last century will be remembered as the most visually
> recorded
> was probably right.

I couldn't disagree more strongly.  The Digital Camera will motivate people
to take many more pictures than ever before.  The coming wave of
technologies will make the storage, management and retrieval of those images
a snap.

For example, I was at Newtonville Camera (Mass.) on Saturday and they sold a
Terabyte sized image storage system to a customer.  At $900 bucks, for
crying out loud, that'll be 90 bucks a Terabyte before you know it.  With
increasing capacities on the storage cards many people won't even bother to
edit in camera, it takes away from snapping photos.
AGS

Message from gwlists at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Question for photojournalists concerning digital photos)