Subject: [Leica] So do I sell the darkroom?
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Thu Aug 4 05:05:48 2005

On 8/4/05, Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> So do I sell the darkroom?
>
> My son is 4 years old in 2 weeks.

Hehe!  My son has just turned 10 last week, and I last used my
darkroom before he was born.    I haven't sold it though, partly
because it's currently almost worthless, but partly because I'd like
to use it again one day.  Whether that day will ever come I'm
beginning to doubt!  Initially I harboured the fond idea of showing my
kids how to use the darkroom, partly because I remember the feeling I
had when I saw my first prints come out of the fixer and I wanted to
give that to my children.  It'll never happen though - not with
current trends in digital at least.  There may be a resurgence in
film/darkroom work, but I don't think it will ever become mainstream
again.

Simon.