Subject: [Leica] Neopan 400 vs. delta 400 in Xtol
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sat Aug 13 18:52:49 2005

Mark,

Thanks for the blow by blow.  I've been shooting some Delta 100 lately and
have been pretty happy with it. I shot some TMZ a year ago, and discovered
first hand what folks were talking about fussy exposure and development.
Delta 100 seems to give nice results without too much fuss.

I have some Acros in the freezer, but haven't had the time to take it
out and do
it justice. But I look forward to it.

My question is what is shooting Delta 400 like in a common "street shooting"
or "casual shooting" kind of mode.  Here I mostly use HP5+ at 320 or 800
currently. But I'm happy enough with the Delta 100, that I wonder if the
Delta 400 is forgiving enough for "casual" or "quick" shooting duty.

BTW, shot a bit of Neopan.  At the time it was a good value in a 400 speed
film. But then I really glommed onto the HP5+  and HC 110 (H) combo. But
if Delta 100 could give better enlargements, it would be worth whirl.

Thanks!

Scott