Subject: [Leica] Neopan 400 vs. delta 400 in Xtol
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Aug 14 05:37:44 2005

Don:

>First, interesting times for Neopan 400.  I've been running thirteen
>minutes in Xtol 1:3.  Hmmm, I'll have to try a longer time to see what
>happens: although you are running about 63ml of Xtol and not the
>recommended 100 ml if I remember correctly.

I'm at 14.5 mins at 70 F.  Which is pretty much right on what the massive
film developing chart has, when you move from 20 C to 21 C (70 F).  I'm at
about 260 ml of Xtol in a 1 L tank.

If I were printing conventionally, I'd probably be closer to Mark's 16-17
minutes.  For me, that leads to dense highlights that my scanner blows out.
As it is, I'll sometimes drop back to 13 mins (about 90% of 14.5 min) if I'm
worried about them.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/