Subject: [Leica] Re: My second best fan mail this week!
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Aug 15 20:48:05 2005

> >June 11, 2005; 09:10 P.M.

> Odd photos. Can't really say anything good about them. I am amazed that

Jerk.  He's got no clues and even less eye.

Kyle, I gotta admit, most of what you do doesn't do much for me...
I just don't care for the subject matter or the style.  Personal
taste, no more than that, but, like Mapplethorpe and Friedlander and
a bunch of others, I don't have to LIKE the work or even want to look
at it to recognize that it took tremendous amounts of time, effort,
skill, and creative talent to generate the stuff... and regardless of
my opinion, that kind of effort deserves, at least, respect and the
level of courtesy that gets to "say nice or say nothing."

Be a bloody damn boring thing to do if we all made the same images
the same way, wouldn't it?  But y'know, this is the curse of
technology... everyone's an expert now that you don't have to
understand bupkis about how it works....

Herk.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com