Subject: [Leica] Re: My second best fan mail this week!
From: mortonenterprises at earthlink.net (Bruce Morton)
Date: Mon Aug 15 16:46:16 2005

On Aug 15, 2005, at 3:52 PM, Montie wrote:
  Kyle,
I would like to say that I don't care much for your work either.  But
that is just my personal opinion.  That does not mean your work isn't
good.  It just means I don't care to look at images that bring negative
thoughts to mind.  I believe the only way to grow in photography or in
any thing else is through critiques both positive and negative.  Your
compositions do communicate strong emotions.  They are just emotions I
choose not to be a part of my life.

The one thing that bothers me most about LUG is that negative responses
to peoples work is often ridiculed.  I find that most of the images I
look at on this site are average at best but yet they get very high
praise which to me just promotes more average work.  Remarks like the
one below which Montie made only tell me that maybe his IQ is not much
greater than the person he is referring to.  Quite frankly I would
rather have some one with a low IQ critique my work than one with a
high IQ.  Sometimes they can be more honest.

Bruce Morton