Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Sun Aug 21 08:26:40 2005

Don,

It is just a delight to see someone taking advantage of the special
qualities of some of the older lenses.  This makes me want to fish out
my Summar and do some shooting.  Do you use the large Summar hood, or
just the small one for the Elmar on this lens?

I have no idea where those lines came from in your pictures.  This is
a phenomenon I haven't seen from my Summar.  But I do like the kind of
flare that it renders, so obvious in the first photo, that gives a
kind of luminous quality to the images.  This is great for portraiture
-- you should try it on subjects closer to the camera.

Mark