Subject: [Leica] Canon Introduces 2 new digital SLR's
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Aug 24 07:35:34 2005

The question for Nikon is that they do not have a good line at the low
end of the line.  If you are a Nikon shooter then the D70s is a nice
enough offering but then there is a staggering leap up to the D2X.
For the person starting out Canon offers a number of choices between
expensive full blown pro camera and the starter version.  The real
money is in the low and middle ranges where literally tens of
thousands of boxes are sold.

Also, Minolta has a nice offering in the same price range as the D70s
and the Pentax offering is also quite apealing to the not
professional.

Mark is correct, we as consumers really need Nikon to step up to the
plate to stay competitive so we all have choices.

Likewise, I hope that ZI can get Cosina to build the camera that they
promised.  Choice is good and I believe I might purchase one of these
as I just can not see paying $3500 for a new M.

Cheers,

Don
don.dory@gmail.com