Subject: [Leica] leica branded lenses
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 24 15:52:13 2005

In a message dated 8/24/2005 5:04:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
kididdoc@cox.net writes:

which  brings to mind...

I have been seeing more lenses bearing the name  leica, than I ever
could have  dreamed of...

all in  promotions for and on panasonics....

shouting cachet, screaming  quality, selling for relatively low
prices...what is Leica getting  out of this?

If they are not getting big bucks out of this, why are  they doing it,
and
why won't they do it for other camera  makers?

___________________

Leica branded lenses were found first on the middle line of Pro digital
video cameras.  The really high end studio/ field cameras have a variety of
lenses, including Canon, and I imagine Angeneiux.

I expect Panasonic pays a licensing fee to Leica, and of course supplies
the
building for two models of digital still Leica which are cross branded as
Lumix.  Leica also gets the recognition.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana