Subject: [Leica] Re: Composition - The Golden Section?
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Mon Aug 29 19:44:29 2005

sries333@eticomm.net (Steve Ries) wrote:

>I have been studying the "Golden Section" for quite some time now and
it
>was
>important for me to see how members of the LUG used it.

Steve, FWIW, my artist friend, who is also an art teacher and art
therapist, recently tried a very basic approach to the Golden Mean with
some of her students/clients.

She used some of my photographs and a collection of fine art prints of
various paintings and asked the group to pick the ones that made them
"feel good."  This particular group is made up of elders with
dementia/Alzheimer's.

The members of the group invariably picked the images that were composed
with the Golden Mean.

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier