Subject: [Leica] Jeffery is OK
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Aug 31 14:12:33 2005

The Navy has moved ships around to provide water and flight-deck space
for vertical rescue. Marine and Navy helos are involved in picking up
people.

The entire water-rescue corps from Sacramento's fire/police was flown
via C5 to Louisiana late yesterday. They come with their own boats and
support and deep training in water/urban rescue. (Sacramento is,
itself, protected from flooding by a levy system). Other cities with
similiar units have sent them along as well. They expect to be on-task
this afternoon.

The nation really IS responding.

The Red Cross and other agencies need our support as well. Money is
the best thing to send. You can specify that it goes to the hurricane
relief, if you desire.

Adam