Subject: [Leica] Leica MDigital
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Sep 3 06:42:45 2005

FRANK DERNIE said:

>I don't know about anybody else but I am quite
> incapable of holding a camera still enough at arms
> length.<<<<<

Hi Frank,
It's become almost a curious pastime for me to watch digital camera holding
folks with arms out stretched and how they ever get "un-shook sharp
pictures!" I've made a few exposures of these folks as it's amazing what
body positions they twist themselves into taking a shot. :-)

I couldn't understand why they didn't hold the camera to their eye, look
through viewfinder and shoot. That was until I looked through the tiny teeny
viewfinder, then I understood. :-) Heaven's you can't see diddly they're so
small. Of course having worked M's for so long one is accustomed to a
brilliant viewfinder. I any event the viewfinder is basically useless for
photographer's who've used "normal cameras" for years.

I tried holding arms out,  it lasted about 20 seconds and arms were down it
felt awkward and unstable. Beside I have ape long arms and the camera was so
far away I couldn't see what the heck was on the screen in bright daylight
anyway! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica MDigital)