Subject: [Leica] Leica MDigital
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Sep 3 07:07:16 2005

Didier Ludwig offered:
>> The real time LCD preview is wishable even for pofessional full frame
>> sensor dslr camera, IMO. It's a fact many con- and prosumer cameras have
>> LCD INSTEAD of a viefwfinder; but an additional LCD's got nothing to do
>> with "cheap". It's just useful. For instance when you want to hold your
>> camera somewhere your head cannot follow, like with the arms up or at the
>> ground. There is no reason to exclude such a feature only because "cheap"
>> cameras have it too.<<<

Hi Didier,
The more things like  an LCD added to the back of an M like camera is just
another item to keep the camera from appearing in another 10 years. ;-) If
ever!  Besides holding the camera over one's head to shoot is nothing new
and we nearly always managed at least one successful picture doing it
without even looking at anything other than the base plate and pointed in
the general direction of the subject.

This was referred to as a "Hail Mary shot" as I'm sure you are aware. :-) If
you've never tried it with a Speed Graphic I might say this in itself was an
adventure in picture taking under crowded conditions! :-)

Besides hardly any of us will be able to afford a real M type digital if it
comes out, particularly with a similar price tag as the DMR. And I don't
believe this would save Leica's ass in any event even if it came out in the
next few years. However, one never knows until we see the colour of their
camera! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Leica MDigital)