Subject: [Leica] Getting used to the M6, an image.
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Sep 5 09:11:09 2005

Hi Gerald,

Welcome!  We're all photo students here, one way or another, so you're in
good company.  I've never taken a photo I thought was "perfect", but that's
ok as long as you remember that it's as much about the journey as the
destination.

I like the shot you posted...the light, the angles, the repetitions
(including of the empty desks, broken as it is by the occupied one), and
even the dead spaces which I find effective.  A fine early attempt.  Ted
hit the nail on the head when he suggested ways to follow this shot by
really working the scene...might lead to a better pic, might lead to worse
ones, but you'll definitely learn something by trying different heights,
angles, distances, etc.  And that WILL lead to better pix in the long run.

I don't always do what Ted suggests...but I often wish I had!  :)

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from kd7olf at xmission.com (Gerald Homeyer) ([Leica] Getting used to the M6, an image.)
Message from kd7olf at xmission.com (Gerald Homeyer) ([Leica] Getting used to the M6, an image.)