Subject: [Leica] 50th Anniversary of Tri-X
From: tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton)
Date: Mon Sep 5 13:47:54 2005

> With all of the hullabaloo about digital, that 50th birthday for
> Tri-X stands
> for something enduring.
> On every digital list I hear complaints about cameras breaking
> down: weird
> LCD viewfinder colors;
> cameras that won't start up. Battery problems. Cards that won't
> read. Lenses
> that refuse to focus. I never ran into a bad roll of Tri-X or a dead film
> Leica or Nikon.
>
> Bob

I've had a few M's crap out on me - usually at the worst possible time (like
during a one off trip photographing the lives of the dump dwellers in
Managua) - that's why you need to carry two or three bodies so you always
have back-up

tim

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] 50th Anniversary of Tri-X)