Subject: [Leica] Colour fringing - Recently rediscovered (free) software
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Sep 9 10:15:17 2005

For anyone who's interested,
I think most of us have, at one time or another, had problems with
colour fringing, particularly using Digital cameras against the light.

Well, I've been using "PTlens" for vignetting and lens distortion
correction for ages and only the other day I got round to downloading
their latest version.
Lo and behold!! they've included a chromatic aberration correction tool
(and a fisheye distortion correction tool too????). from what I've
tested so far,
it goes a long way to getting rid of really drastic fringing, not quite
perfect, but it's FREEWARE and does all sorts of other clever things too.

Take a look at

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/

seems to be a clever bunch of people,
cheers