Subject: [Leica] Cataloging negatives
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Sep 16 15:39:11 2005
References: <DD0D2A53-DFA3-4E72-8DFB-17AA17AD7AC2@earthlink.net> <a2f8f44705091600062e7239a8@mail.gmail.com> <CCD65EC8-A00E-4A08-B586-3456D0A9D2A6@earthlink.net> <F310A35C-7B47-4F67-8E75-FC56EEB4EC12@comcast.net> <6.2.3.4.2.20050916165554.01d91bf8@mail.rhtc.net> <1EB86864-7877-4234-B402-CC80BB24F24A@comcast.net> <6.2.3.4.2.20050916172146.04b94158@mail.rhtc.net> <E228443D-307F-4B4E-81A2-FAF25A684381@comcast.net>

No, Michael, I don't.  Once you move them to the catalog folder and
tell iView to catalog them, it just does it.  There is no time lag.
Portfolio has a folder watch feature that automatically adds anything
new to the watched folders but I don't like that.  I want to be in
charge of what is added when.  I don't add new files until I'm ready
to catalog them.  I may spend a day working on files and adding them
to the catalog and then the next day I tell iView to add them.  It
only takes a few minutes and they are added.  It will only add new
files, not duplicate old ones.  Is that what you mean?

Tina