Subject: [Leica] WHAT TO TAKE? ;-)
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Sep 18 09:09:13 2005

At 01:43 AM 9/18/2005, you wrote:
>The one exception to the "no computer" rule is when I go to visit my
>sister in Poland for 2-3 weeks, as I do at Christmas time. I go by
>car, so luggage is not an issue, and I know that there will be
>plenty of time when we are just doing nothing, so spending that time
>on the first edit with ACDSee is a good idea. And most importantly,
>I can show the pictures to my sister and brother-in-law while I am there.
>
>Nathan

I carried a laptop on my last trip to Guatemala and I'm glad I
did.  I have a photo backback with a padded slot for a computer so I
carried it on my back.  I used the laptop every night to burn CDs of
the photos I took that day.  I also downloaded them into the Epson
P2000.  It has a fantastic screen and you can enlarge the files to
100% to check focus, etc.  I guess it's like wearing a belt and
suspenders, but before I erase and reuse my memory cards, I want to
have the files copied in at least twice and I store them in different
places in my luggage.  Before I carried the Nixvue Digital Album and
the Epson P2000, but the Epson is much better, much faster, and with
a better battery than the Nixvue.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com