Subject: [Leica] M6 vs M7 question
From: keirst at fas.harvard.edu (keirst@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 23 07:15:33 2005

Hi Vicki et al,

Other notable improvements of the Leica M7 over the M6 and M6 TTL:

1) The M7 has more accurate shutter speeds, especially at 1/1000
sec., and extra slow speeds below 1 sec.
2) The M7 does not have funny little gear noises after firing at slow
shutter speeds like older M cameras. 3) The M7 display counts up in
seconds during long time exposures on Bulb, which is really nice for
night photography on a tripod (my favorite new feature).
4) The M7 can do manual high speed flash sync with an Metz MZ54 flash
and appropriate SCA 3502 adapter, for manual fill flash in daylight
(though only for relatively close distances and with manual shutter
speeds 1/250, 1/500 and 1/1000 sec).

--
Steve Keirstead
Research Assistant II, Biology Teaching Labs,