Subject: [Leica] China Photography
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Sep 23 13:56:33 2005

Linda Butler spent 3 years photographing the Yangtze river. You may want to
contact her and ask.

I think if you stress that if any pictures you take at all would be more on
the landscape variety and the "glorious culture of the Chinese
civilization," they may be more willing to stamp approval. Don't mention
photographing minorities, or that you will go out of the usual travel route
etc.

You will stick out like a sore thumb just because you don't look Chinese,
so I wouldn't worry too much about equipments making you more strange. Do
keep low profile. Bow a lot. Just a slight tip of your head and smile.
Learn a few words of Mandarin, constant "thank you" will open doors for you.

use richard at imagecraft.com)