Subject: [Leica] Zorki and J-8 Industar 61 as "car camera"
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 25 17:11:25 2005

Peter,
Soviet cameras are cheap enough that I would suggest starting anew. Try
either a Kiev 2 or a Kiev 4am. Both of these are pretty close Contax II
clones that will mount all Contax glass. You will avoid issues of bad lenses
due to improper focal length (see Cameraquest.com <http://Cameraquest.com>).
Shutters are reliable, lenses are quite good and you will spend between $50
and $100 for a good example. What you will get is a solid camera with a very
long base rangefinder and a good assortment on lenses as long as you like
35-50-85-135. If you catch the bug, I believe Stephen Gandy has some Cosina
lenses that will work down to 21mm.
 For a car camera, you could not ask for a better performance/price ratio.
 0.02
 Don
don.dory@gmail.com