Subject: [Leica] PAW 39 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (dlridings@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 3 02:45:21 2005

On 10/3/05, Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2005, at 4:42 PM, Aaron Sandler wrote:
>
> > Lovely photo, Daniel...she looks very thoughtful.
> >

> >> http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/39.html
> >>

> she has always imressed me as a very quiet, serious, thoughtful young
> lady Daniel... I hope she again takes up shooting and posting her own
> photos...

It is ALL my fault Steve. I explained to her how the PAW worked. I
simplified it. I said you take at least one picture a week that you
are willing to share with others and you post it on Monday. A very
simplified explanation.

She took me on my word. She missed a Monday, then about a month later,
she missed another one and felt like she had failed. So she quit
posting them regularly.

I've been trying to explain that she can do a PESO (picture every so
often) or one when she feels like it, but she's absolutely certain
that I put down the law the first time I explained.

She has posted some more, and some pretty good ones. I'll have to find
out where. She sent me a link no so long ago. (Deviant Arts, but I
don't remember her handle).

I have to be very careful about making things sound cut-and-dry with her. :-(

Steve, if you can pick up a Mamiya C330 TLR for a good price, grab it.
In my youth I had a Mamiya C220 (sold it to help finance Leicas).
Optical quality is right up there with the best of them.

Thanks!
Daniel