Subject: [Leica] Flash for Digital Rebel
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Wed Oct 5 19:18:36 2005

Some flashes have voltages at the synch contacts that exceed what some
camera's electronics can handle.  Check this site:
http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

My V-2800 has 160 volts at the synch contacts.  Since my Nikon D-70 can
handle 250 volts it works fine.  Of course the Leicas, being mechanical,
are fine as well.  The EOS cameras seem to only handle 6 volts, so beware.

Mike D