Subject: [Leica] DMR Battery Life
From: leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens)
Date: Sat Oct 8 15:16:41 2005

I would guess our capacity goes up once the batteries have been
cycled a few times and the novelty of looking at every shot and
zooming around in those shots decreases.   You can also burn a lot of
battery capacity, just playing with the menu system and seeing what
everything does.

  The DMR batteries are not only 1/3 the weight of an EOS 1D battery,
but also a little more than one third the volume.  My guess is you
could get thousands of frames on a set of three DMR batteries with
judicious use of the LCD monitor.  Though I am not going to be one of
these guys that just sits the couch firing off the digital camera to
see how many shots I get out of a battery.

Robert