Subject: [Leica] Black and White
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Wed Oct 12 19:14:34 2005

Well Peter I am 55 and as soon as could afford colour
I changed from B&W. I have had a darkroom at home from
the 60s until earlier this year when I finally
accepted that I would never use it again and
dismantled it. I have not had the heart to sell
anything though. I made Cibachrome (later Ilfochrome)
prints from, mainly, Kodachrome 64 slides.
I was never that fond of shooting in B&W myself. I
have  appreciated the B&W photography of others but
always been disatisfied by my own.
I generally prepher colour photographs. For a B&W shot
to be compelling for me it has to have something very
special about it to compensate for that that has been
lost when its colour was stolen.
Not a conventional opinion I know but there we are.
I much prefer Tina's Guatemala pictures in colour.
Frank