Subject: [Leica] bougainvillea in Arizona
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Oct 16 10:51:32 2005

We're in Arizona and dealing with the consequences of watering a small
collection of plants over the summer - add a little water and every
plant with seeds decides it wants to suck up some of the water.

We had planted some bougainvillea around the deck and since the day
was overcast I did a bit of photography of those.

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/16/_L3U6934-crv-rtch.jpg>
<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/16/_L3U6940-crv.jpg>

I also converted on to black and white which, I think, I like best:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/10/16/_L3U6940-bw.jpg>

Leica 100 APO and Canon 1Ds MKII, tripod.

I'm a little grumpy because even though I was VERY careful with focus
the focal plane seems to be behind the indicated focus in the
viewscreen. I'm using the prism viewfinder and boy, these looked dead
on but in fact the focal plane was mm further away from the lens than
I thought. I've noticed this with my Leica telephotos as well.

Thanks for looking and, if you desire, commenting.

Adam

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] bougainvillea in Arizona)
Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] bougainvillea in Arizona)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] bougainvillea in Arizona)