Subject: [Leica] New Apple software, Aperture
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu Oct 20 08:51:23 2005

It's funny how every mac-related topic on this list turns into a pro/anti
mac/pc thread...

Stability or viruses are not really an issue. I see the main differences in
interface design (+++ for mac) and price (+++ for pc). My XP workstation
runs as stable as OSX and I can kill any frozen app at any time
(CTRL-ALT-DEL); but I can't remember when I needed that hack the last time.
Most viruses are kept back by my ISP or my mailserver. The (very) few
incoming ones are killed by a local application. But I definitely miss
something like the "finder" on my pc...

Didier

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] New Apple software, Aperture)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] New Apple software, Aperture)